There are many people out there that do not like iTunes, and so this tutorial will teach you how to use your iPod with Winamp.
[notice type=”support” title=”STEP BY STEP” tag=”h4″]STEP[/notice]
Download and install Winamp.
Download and install ml_ipod
Format your iPod using the iPod update program.
Add music to your Winamp Library and then right click and send it to your iPod using ml_ipod. ml_ipod’s preferences can be changed by going to plugins > General
[notice type=”information” title=”TIPS” tag=”h4″]
- Backup your music beforehand.
- Although you don’t have to uninstall iTunes, it is recommended.
[notice type=”warning” title=”WARNINGS” tag=”h4″]
- You have to format your iPod or else this will not work.
- Once you start using Winamp, your iPod will not work with iTunes anymore.
- The new iPod Classics and Nanos (3G) have had a special code built in that attempts to block any syncing with players other than iTunes. It is not known if Winamp has managed to get around this.
- The new iPod Nano (4G) Works out of the box; install the plug-in, connect the ipod, and Winamp will see it automatically – no need to format anything.