As most developers say that it’s fun and rewarding to build iOS apps! But for novice developers it would be ideal to initially follow a roadmap where they can get a perfect starting point to lead the way for iOS app development. As you proceed through this blog, you will obtain the right tools, the best practices and major concepts to approach for developing iOS app.
Roadmap will apparently guide you the pathway to iOS application development using the iOS SDK, Xcode and Apple’s tools. To be a proficient iOS app developer, getting finely acquainted with Objective C is essential, because that fortifies all iOS apps and frameworks. In the further phase of this blog tutorial, you will come to learn – how to create simple iOS app and then test it on the device. At last, how to submit the app to the Apple App Store.
Highlighting the things that we are going to discuss in the tutorial
- Set Up
- Fundamentals (Tools, Languages & Basis Drills)
- Development (Framework, Design Patterns, Human Interface Design And App Design)
Getting Started For Set-Up
Everything that you require to begin with iOS app development comes in this ‘Set Up’ phase. IOS Software Development Kit (SDK), Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and Xcode are the most crucial things that you need to get conversant with, in order to create outstanding apps for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Xcode is considered to be everything in iOS app development, as it possesses smart features like graphical user interface editor, source editor, workspace window (where you carry out the codes, designing the UI and debugging). To extend the toolset of Xcode, we employ iOS SDK for framework and compilers.
Before you begin with your development, installing the latest of Xcode becomes mandatory. Once the Xcode is successfully installed, you will know that iOS SDK comes preloaded with Xcode.
Nitty-gritty for iOS development
- Tools: Till know you would have gone familiar with the leading role of Xcode in the iOS app development realm. Xcode bestow tools that empowers your entire development workflow, i.e. designing the user interface to building your app, optimizing, testing and even for launching your app to the App store. A proficient iPhone/iPad developer knows how to customize Xcode to shape the app.
- Objective C Language: Almost every developer would be acquainted with this object-oriented language C which strengthens all iOS applications. To make the best use of this language, understanding this language in-depth is essential. Even learning this language won’t take much time as it uses syntax and conventions which make it simple to grab. Though you can even learn other programming languages like C++, Java etc., but creating an iOS app without Objective C wouldn’t be possible.
- Basic Drills: As now you are well familiar with Objective-C, so you can write basic codes. As the Objective-C teaches about objects, then you should also think about the objects in the real world to develop an iOS app. Think what an object comprises, the features and scope of it (like what it can do) and then how it is connected to other objects. When you are creating iOS app, you need to know to build objects, relate objects, query objects and access objects. Well these are some simple drills that will make you ready about for creating iOS applications.
- Framework: When we talk about the core development then coding is what you write. But if your question arises, where, then Framework provided by Apple is the answer to it. For those who are not aware of Frameworks, then it encompasses a library of methods that is useful in calling your app. You can grab the benefits of a framework through its API (Application Programming Interface). Using framework not only saves the time of the coders but efforts too!
- Design Patterns: Well don’t construe Design patterns as complicated codes, but Patters are abstract designs which give you a better idea and understanding for creating the app. Design Patterns helps you in making more effective use of the framework.
- Human interface Design: Creating an iOS app is more than an application, which means it needs to be interactive, appealing and intuitive. This interface is designed to interact with the users, which plays a great role in making a big hit.
The provided information on how to create an iOS app gives complete understanding of the concept. But once the application has been developed, then what? A great app is always tested on actual devices to make it free from flaws and errors. Once the application has been rigorously tested then you can submit it to Apple App Store to get approved.
About the Author:
Nathan Johnson is an ambitious blogger from Apps Chopper. Counted among the best authors in his niche, he provides valuable tutorials covering aspect of IOS Application Development and other mobile apps development platform.