Have you seen a great video on YouTube that you wanted to share with everyone? Of course you have. Unfortunately, you can’t download these videos easily. But your computer downloads them automatically. Here’s how to get them.
[notice type=”support” title=”STEP BY STEP” tag=”h4″]STEP [/notice]
Download FLV Player. A FLV player is a type of media player that is used for playing Flash video from PC as well as from Internet websites.
Wait until FLV Player is installed, go to the YouTube video you want to download.
Watch the video if desired, then go to Tools>Internet Options.
Clear Cookies, Temporary Files/Offline Content, and History.
Go to your Temporary Internet Files folder, usually in C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 and minimize it.
Reload the YouTube video (Press F5) in the Browser.
Watch the video again
Look in the Content.IE5 folder for a file that is very large and has get video in the filename.
Rename this file as “moviename.flv”
Copy this file elsewhere on your computer.
Open the renamed file with FLV Player to make sure it works.
[notice type=”information” title=”TIPS” tag=”h4″]
- The name of the movie varies. The file size is the best indicator of the movie.
- The movie will be in one of the weirdly named subfolders.
- Your Content.IE5 folder may be in a different location than the one listed above.
- Do not clear the temporary Internet files after the movie is finished’. This will delete the movie and you will have to watch it again.
- If you use Mozilla Firefox you can download an addon (DownThemAll) which will allow you to download the video you want to. The download option will appear below any YouTube video, allowing you to download the videos either as an MP4/FLV/MP3 depending on your preference